Motoring Cases Fee Information
Fixed fee scheme or hourly rates depending on circumstances or complexity of case. Typical fee scheme is as follows:
Summary only offence, guilty plea – fixed fee of between £500 plus VAT and £1500 plus VAT depending on court location.
- Up to 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- Considering evidence
- Taking your instructions
- Providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost dependant on the complexity of the case and the level of fee earner dealing with the matter..
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for up to half a day, depending on the court list.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Our private fees for a not guilty plea for motoring matters are as follows:
- Plea hearing – £500 plus VAT – £1500 plus VAT depending on court location
- Additional hearings – £500 plus VAT depending on court location
- Half day trial – £1500 plus VAT – £2500 plus VAT depending on court location
- Full day trial – £2500 plus VAT – £3500 plus VAT depending on court location
(the above fees do not include sentencing)
“I’ve been instructed by Harry’s firm and I’ve appeared as prosecution counsel in two cases where Harry represented one of the defendants and I can say that they always provide a professional highly competent service. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Harry and HSR to anyone looking for criminal solicitors.”
“Having worked with Harry and HSR over a long period of time, I am always impressed by the diligence and care provided on all matters. The professional advice is always provided in a clear manner and has often led to better commercial results due to his great negotiation skills.”
“Harry Rana is an innovative outside the box thought leader. His approach to the law is a client centric manner. His sense of social justice goes beyond sentiments and he actualizes it through his extra curricular pro bono work. I would highly recommend potential clients to use Harry Rana’s services.”
“I have known Harry for over twelve years and worked with him in the legal industry on many cases. He has always provided a professional service to both professional and lay clients. Harry is someone I can strongly recommend.”
“Harry impressed me greatly when organising events on behalf of the Society of Asian Lawyers. Always in control, a smooth operator who builds effective relationships which deliver.”
“Harry is one of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with and in all the years I have use his expertise to help me with my business it has been a pleasure to work with.”
“I have dealt with Harry in relation to my business and am happy to recommend him to anyone who has need of his services. I have found him to be efficient, courteous and able to achieve results.”
“Harry is a brilliant lawyer. Sharp, sees the complete picture and always provides a great service to his clients.”
“Mr Rana is a highly skilled and competent lawyer who I would recommend in a heart beat”
“I have worked with Harry on a number of heavy criminal cases such as fraud and murder. He is very committed but also realistic and practical. He has sound judgement and does not interfere once a Strategy has been agreed upon.”
“Great Results, Personable, Good Value”
“Harry is a hard-working and energetic solicitor who excels in preparing cases for trial, and in providing robust and professional advice.”
“As a busy barrister you always appreciate it when your instructing solicitor knows his case, knows the client and understands all the subtle advantages and disadvantages of litigation decisions. All the more so when you are briefed on a late return for a distant case involving a complicated fraud matter – as I was. Harry saved the day. I recall he worked very hard on that difficult case; certainly his industry was beyond the call of duty and most effective – I have no hesitation recommending him.”
“I worked with Harry as my solicitor in many individual cases. He is excellent. Always on the end of the phone when you needed him. The work he and his team produced was second to none, and I would recommend him to any individual or organisation”.
“I have worked together with Harry for a number of years. Harry is unfailing in his commitment to his clients and their cases. Harry always delivers in achieving the best possible outcomes often in the most difficult of circumstances.”
“Harry’s vision and “can do” attitude, assisted me greatly when acting for me in quite a complex legal matter.
His straight forward approach distinguishes him from the other “run of the mill” lawyers, making it easy for a client to consider the legal position in addition to the commercial realities of the modern business environment.”
“Harry provided me with an outstanding service and was very knowledgeable – would definitely recommend him to anyone.”
“Harry Rana is a highly regarded, effective and charismatic lawyer. He knows how to relate to people to gain the best results time and time again.”
“Harry is a genuine professional and one of the most reliable people I have ever worked with.
If you need legal advice reach out to Harry, nothing phases him and more importantly he likes to win!”
“Harry and I have worked on a number of serious criminal cases together, ranging from complex frauds to murder. Harry is a fearless solicitor who fights hard for his clients, however tough the battle. He is a master tactician who utilises his knowledge of law and procedure to great advantage, and whose negotiating skills are legendary. If you are in trouble, this is the lawyer you want on your side.”